Dr Tanya Karaconji
Glaucoma, Cataract & General Specialist
BMedSci (Hons I), MBBS, MMed (OphthalSc), FRANZCO
Dr Tanya Karaconji is a glaucoma specialist, cataract surgeon and general ophthalmologist.Refer a patient
Dr Karaconji is an adult and paediatric glaucoma surgeon and general ophthalmologist with expertise in the treatment of glaucoma conditions. Tanya is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Sydney and has published in peer-reviewed literature.
Teaching & Training:
Tanya completed her undergraduate degree from the University of New South Wales and graduated in Medicine from the University of Sydney where she also completed a Master’s degree in the discipline of Clinical Ophthalmology. She completed her ophthalmology training at Sydney Eye Hospital and was the Professorial Senior Registrar. She then underwent advanced sub-specialist Fellowship training in glaucoma management and surgery at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital in the United Kingdom.
During her fellowship at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Dr Karaconji gained experience in the management of complex glaucoma in a tertiary referral setting including glaucoma drainage devices in both adults and children, non-penetrating glaucoma surgery, and minimally invasive treatments for glaucoma. Tanya is also proficient in classical glaucoma filtration surgery (Trabeculectomy) as well all types of glaucoma laser procedures.
- BMedSci (Hons)
- MMed (Ophth. Sci.)
Surgical Training & Research
- Ophthalmology & Ophthalmic Surgery Trainee, Sydney Eye Hospital
- Glaucoma Surgery Fellowship, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, UK
- Sydney Eye Hospital
- Westmead Hospital
- Westmead Children’s Hospital
- Waratah Private Hospital
- Chatswood Private Hospital
- Alice Springs Hospital
- Honours Class 1, The University of New South Wales
- Awarded the RANZCO Leadership Development Program Scholarship
- Accepted into the Harvard Medical School Leading Innovations in Health Care & Education course
- Dr Karaconji offers a consultation discount to pensioners
- Dr Karaconji offers “no gap” and “known gap” surgery for her patients